Can I run power from panel to attic for additional circuits this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsac

I have a house with the 200 amp panel mounted to an outside wall. I would like to run 2-4 new circuits up to the attic.
Coming through the back of the panel isn't practical as the holes in the back are pretty full and it backs up to a finished wall. I need the new romex to wind up in the attic anyway.
The panel itself has many open spots for breakers and is not overloaded. I just don't want to add more load to the existing circuits.
They are not technically maxed out, but I want to be very safe.

There is an eve vent directly above the panel, aprox 2' away. I would like to use 2" sched 80 pvc and put an LB from the side of the panel and go up and where it meets the vent, put in a 45 degree fitting that would go through the vent into the attic about a foot to run the new romex through. Maximum of 4 #12 most likely 2 or 3. After it's in the attic, run it as the existing is.

Can I do this and if not what would be the proper method & materials to go up from the side of the box into the attic?

Thank You for the help, I'm not looking to cut corners, just want a correct trouble free job.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I do appreciate that youwant to do the job correctly but I am sorry we are not allowed to help you.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.