CA continuing education

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky_magoo

Does anyone know what the requirements for California's continuing education are for general journeyman electricians. I passed the test and my certification is good for three years. I can't find any approved courses for California. The testing center I went to was over a 250 mile round trip. I would like to find something like a Mike Holt class to take online. I don't want to drive to Fresno to take the Experior classes.

sparky_magoo

Re: CA continuing education

Thank you. I read that page last night. It doesn't indicate what I must do to satisfy the CA requirement for continuing education. None of Mike Holt's classes are listed as being approved for CA.

sandsnow

Re: CA continuing education

Renewals require 32 hours of class from an Educational Provider, defined as:

Educational Provider is a community college or public school district or public educational institution, or a state-licensed private post-secondary institution under contract with a public educational institution, community college or public school district.

That is all I can find on the website.

DIR Site

Click on rulemaking for AB 1087

It appears that at present a seminar from Mike Holt or IAEI or NFPA does not qualify. It would be up to those entities to align themselves with the institutions mentioned in the definitions.

As it becomes closer to renewal for the first batch certified, the state will put FAQ's for renewal on the website. Can you say last minute?? :D

edit: add word for clarity

[ August 29, 2005, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: sandsnow ]

Status
Not open for further replies.