Buss Bar Spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer76

Re: Buss Bar Spacing

thanks, however I have already been to that location

I need to know how far apart the Busses need to be in a for only a 400 Amp 480VAC main load, and total clearance

thanks for your help

Robert

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

I am not sure I understand what you are looking for, but to me the question sounds like a manufacturer?s design issue. There is no related code requirement. (Don?s citation relates to Motor Control Centers; my interpretation of your question is that you talking about the service panel). What I mean is that you will not be able to measure the spacing on an existing configuration, compare the spacing to a table in the NEC, and pass judgement on compliance. Neither will you find an NEC table that tells you how to construct new buswork for, let us say, a network vault. Can you clarify the intent of your question?

killer76

I have an application were we are installing (2) 3 Pole 480VAC 400 Amp breakers in a free standing enclosure that will wire to buss bars for a service connection

they have asked us to provide (4) 1/4" x 2" x 8" buss bar for incoming power

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Are you able to list the equipment? Or will it be field evaluated? How can you make sure the proper support is used for short circuits? All service equipment has to be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.