bedrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, the inspectior failed me because I have two (2) arc fault breakes suppling three (3) bedrooms. According the 1999 nec 210-12 (b), there is nothing that states this can not happen? Unless there is something else that indicates otherwise is this acceptable. Responce ASAP

thank you

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: bedrooms

Tony, you are absolutly right, there is nothing wrong with this installation as far as the NEC is concerned.

What is the inspector specificaly citing as the violation?

Roger

[ February 25, 2004, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

tonyi

That scenario is common as dirt.

Is there some other factor here, like these being huge BR's and the branches being 15A where you might be bonked an a VA-ft issue?

jimwalker

You could probably put all 3 or 4 bed rooms one 1 circuit.The way i see it is 600 sq feet on a 15 amp afci.I dont suggest it,but legal.With the number of problems afci are causing i would prefer 1 to a bedroom or at a min.run seperate HR from each and join them at panel,at least make isolating problem easy.

joek

210.12(B) covers all outlets in bedrooms. This includes lighting and receptacle outlets. Did you AFCI the lighting outlets?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Joe,
This includes lighting and receptacle outlets.
not so in the 99 code cycle.

The 99 code only required circuits supplying "receptacle" outlets to be AFCI protected.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.