bedroom circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave683

A fellow electrician told me today that in a dwelling unit that each bedroom has to be supplied by its own circuit, in other words I can't put two bedrooms on the same circuit. Is this true? :confused: I just don't recall ever seeing this code restriction before.He also told me that ina dwelling unit bathroom that an exhaust fan is also required. I dunno, could anyone help me out? Thanks.

bphgravity

Re: bedroom circuits

1. There is no code section requiring each bedroom of a dwelling to be on its own circuit.

2. Exhaust fan specifications are not in the scope of the NEC and will be found in your local building codes.

[ June 17, 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: bphgravity ]

megawire

It sounds to me like your friend is quoting local codes. If something doesn't sound right to me, I always ask for the applicable code section. This promotes a positive learning experience and not just supposition.

B

bthielen

Megawire,

Excellent way to handle what could be sticky situations. Rather than being dragged into an argument just ask for the facts. Eliminates speculation and potentially misinformation.

Bob

jes25

Yeah but the clowns I use to work with could never cite any code it was always, Its in there somwhere...... Wish i knew about this website then, my apprenticeship, and heck my journeymanship would have been a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.