Ave. Number of attempts before passing ICC Master Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Re: Ave. Number of attempts before passing ICC Master Test

This information is generally available by the exam administrator. My advice would be to not learn this information before taking the exam. If you are still curious once you pass it, then I think it may be interesting to know the statistics, otherwise your looking for a psychological mind trap.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Originally posted by bphgravity:
This information is generally available by the exam administrator. My advice would be to not learn this information before taking the exam. If you are still curious once you pass it, then I think it may be interesting to know the statistics, otherwise your looking for a psychological mind trap.
Listen to Bryan, go into your exam knowing you will pass.

What has happened in the past has no bearing on your performance, prepare yourself and go for the gusto.

Roger

redfish

Anyone know what the ave. number of attempts (before passing )the ICC Master Electrician test is?
I can tell you it's not easy. You really need to know how to reference your code book quickly. Mine was a five hour open book test, easy right? Wrong. Every minute counts, and five hours will go by quick.I can't stress the importance of knowing your code book enough. Read it, read it, and read it again. Knowing where to look in the code book will save you time, time that you can use on your caculations. Good luck. :)

luckyshadow

If your prepping for the test - DO NOT worry about how many times...
Concentrate on passing not failing.
If you would like some testing tips - post the request, I'm sure you will get some great stuff.

Thank's for all the response. I have taken the test twice now and it looks like I will be taking it again in the future. I thought for sure that the last time I was going to pass. I had a lot more time to work the problems, and didn't get hung up on any questions like I did the first time. However my grade went down (and yes I did study a lot, a whole lot). I am keeping my chin up and studying some more. I think I need some more work on motors, and prints. I need to do some more calculations, I am thinking about buying the code test from this site. Has anyone used it? I think it can get me doing some more calculations that I need.

wildman

test....passed it on the first go round.....that was about 10 years ago!...Talked with a few that had failed it( one had failed it 6 times)....they had been doing electrical work for years....could not grasp the book work! If I am not mistaken, nowadays, if you don't pass on the second try you are required to attend a class, usually offered by a tech school,or individual company....Class entitled "How to pass the exam"! I believe a fee is charged!
IMHO...3 strikes and you are out! After failing the test a second time, one should have the grasp of what it takes....fail it a third time, look for another profession!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.