Automatic Transfer Equipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

erso

Hello!

Could anyone help me?
I have been looking for information about, automatic transfer equipments, that topic was given for the teacher. We are learning about how to improve Distribution systems and make them safer.
What a need is any automatic devide, which lets me to supply energy to a feeder from another feeder, no from a generator. This devide could be used when a need extra energy for a sudden load, so this devide would supply energy from a second feeder.
Thank you very much, and I hope to get any help from you.
pd: my English is not very good
Regards

27hillcrest

That would be called a Static Sw. Most of them change from source to the other source within a 1/4 of a cycle. so even most computer equipment will stay on line during the switch.

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I understand the question correctly, I think what he is looking for is a solution that would allow additional capacity, not a transfer to another source.

This would be a paralleling application and there is equipment made to accomplish this.

erso

Thank you for answering.

My quote has been a little wrong. here I go again.

I have any load, which is being supplied for a feeder (13.8kv), this load can't stay without energy. There was a problem in the feeder and the energy was cut. I have a second feeder near the first feeder, which is going to be connected to the second and supply the energy to avoid that the load stays out. I need a the device to transfer that energy automaticly, and when the problem was solved this desconnects the second feeder from the first. I guess this device could be used to work with both feeders.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.