Attic Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZsparky

Home inspection called out multiple runs of romex cables in contact with gas line in attic. Is that a code issue? If so, what is the violation? Never heard of this being called out...

growler

Home inspection called out multiple runs of romex cables in contact with gas line in attic. Is that a code issue?

A home inspection is not a code inspection, it's the opinion of the home inspector.

The good news is that it pays the same to humor the HI and take care of all the faults he finds or imagines.

AZsparky

Thanks Growler

Thanks Growler

Thanks for the reply Growler. This is for a long time client and I want to save her money where possible. If it is not a code violation, then I want to be able to refute any non-code issue the HI drums up on his report. This will earn me points in her eyes. Lots of future work coming up in her new house and I have already earned tens of thousands of dollars being her go to electrician in the house she is selling.

JDB3

Just some local codes might have something on the issue. One nearby jurisdiction wants gas pipe & romex (MN) 12" apart.

If they insist on the 2 not touching, you might be able to split some PVC & put it over the gas line.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.