Appliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

when instslling an appliance who is responsible for making sure the appliance cord is installed correctly? is this part of the electrical install? do you guys charge extra for that? we have a bid to install outlets for disposal, dishwasher, dryer, stove is the wiring of appliance cord apart of the bid? i would think so but just trying to get different perspective on bidding work like this. i started doing residential and aprtments. i am learning there is alot of moving part in these places. they decided to install new appliances, light fixtures, outlets, i am just having problems bidding work when by the piece. these guys want a line item bid. WTH. any advise on how i can do this?

templdl

when instslling an appliance who is responsible for making sure the appliance cord is installed correctly? is this part of the electrical install? do you guys charge extra for that? we have a bid to install outlets for disposal, dishwasher, dryer, stove is the wiring of appliance cord apart of the bid? i would think so but just trying to get different perspective on bidding work like this. i started doing residential and aprtments. i am learning there is alot of moving part in these places. they decided to install new appliances, light fixtures, outlets, i am just having problems bidding work when by the piece. these guys want a line item bid. WTH. any advise on how i can do this?

Is an electrician supposed to install appliances? I think k not. If you installed a cord on a electric dryer how for does your liability go should there be an appliance malfunction?
Even though it does appear to be a simple task what addition risk is incured?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I say it depends on the market you are in. Track homes is a dog eat dog world. Custom homes, you will be called on to be available for anything that involves electrics.

MBLES

I say it depends on the market you are in. Track homes is a dog eat dog world. Custom homes, you will be called on to be available for anything that involves electrics.

i agree with both comments. i just asking because when i pull the permit for dry , stove, etc. am i pulling permit the appliance or the outlet? i know it sounds stupid but not really. does this mean i am warranty the appliance also?

John120/240

i agree with both comments. i just asking because when i pull the permit for dry , stove, etc. am i pulling permit the appliance or the outlet? i know it sounds stupid but not really. does this mean i am warranty the appliance also?

Your warranty applies to the electrical wiring only & receptacles. As for installation of appliances yes we have always installed microwave, dish washer & disposal (cords only). Range install cord & anti tip device. Built in ovens & cooktops also. Charge for your time & material used for these installs. Manufacturers warranty applies to the appliances.

kwired

Electron manager

I think the answer may vary from one jurisdiction to another as far as what does the permit cover.

You should only have to warranty the appliance if you did something wrong with your wiring. Say you got the neutral in the wrong slot of a 125/250 volt receptacle - it is not the fault of the appliance that wrong voltage damaged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.