Anybody ever flush mount an iPad to the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
I gotta flush mount a whole bunch of iPad throughout the office space
I guess there is a frame and then you extend the nearby outlet to a plug behind the frame?
Can control Z wave switches through Apple works and of course the whole sound system

What do you guys think anybody ever done it?
Any recommendations for the frame or the software to run the Z wave switches or control the stereo?

Thank you!

In belief, man can do anything

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I gotta flush mount a whole bunch of iPad throughout the office space
I guess there is a frame and then you extend the nearby outlet to a plug behind the frame?
Can control Z wave switches through Apple works and of course the whole sound system

What do you guys think anybody ever done it?
Any recommendations for the frame or the software to run the Z wave switches or control the stereo?

Thank you!

Never have but they make wall brackets for the application, Take a look here.

69gp

sounds like a good idea but an ipad is only really good for about 3 years. After that Apple does not offer support for the product. So you would not be able to keep up with the technology. every new app and program that comes out uses more and more memory. The problem is every new generation of i pad has different dimensions. It would be nice if they made a standard version that would stay the same size but would still allow you to get the new versions as they roll out.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
That's okay they can afford it

my other question is that it looks like you need to have an outlet installed behind the hinged plate that holds the iPad

Is that any different than having outlet behind the Jacuzzi access hatch

Seems a little funny to put an outlet inside the stud bay

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
That's okay they can afford it.

It seems they will require an outlet mounted behind the iPad mounting plate, in the stud bay

is this any different than putting an outlet behind the Jacuzzi access hatch

John120/240

That's okay they can afford it.

It seems they will require an outlet mounted behind the iPad mounting plate, in the stud bay

is this any different than putting an outlet behind the Jacuzzi access hatch

Clock recptacles are often found behind flat screen TV's, pictures, even clocks.

Attachments

• clock recptacle.jpg
    clock recptacle.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Clock recptacles are often found behind flat screen TV's, pictures, even clocks.
Wow, plug in clocks! Must be something new. :)

At one point when I was using my old early generation separate camera along with a portable VHS VCR, a kid looked at it and exclaimed "Wow, look at that two piece camcorder!"

Status
Not open for further replies.