accubid questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiac

I downloaded the demo of bidwinner6. I like it, but have a question, the prices seem a little off on some things. I am wondering if you can just change them? In the help part of it it says you use a price updating sevice. Anyone know how that works?

dillon3c

Re: accubid questions

I was hooked up in a four-way conference call with Accubid last year,and we disscused program with author.And as I remember he was an Electrical Estimator for 18 years or so.He explained numbers reflected in demo program,were not hard numbers,but just fictional numbers for the demo program.Cost was plus/minus 6 thousand for each user,to use bid program.Seems like you logged-in with software from 'puter and they ID'd you computer you were useing.I remember it being an issue about multible computer terminals and one estimator package.

tkb

I have used Accubid for years.
The database is very customizable.
You update the pricing with Epic or Tra-Ser Pro. You need to suscribe to them for monthly or quarterly updates.
You can customize the discounts for each item in the database to get to actual cost.

Accubid is not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

studiac

Well it sounds pretty good but $6000 is a little spendy for my blood right now. I'll just have to keep doing it the old fashioned way.

chrsb

6k? That seems awfull high. Maybe that is the list price, when I bought my Vison program the web site said 1,800 but I ended up paying 1k for it. I would download Bid Manager from Vision demo and give it a shot.
Vision

dillon3c

Studiac,
As I recall phone conversation,author had differant levels of bid software.May have been up to four/five differant levels of software program offered.Depending on how detailed you wanted it customized,per dollar amount and volume/type of work.We were looking into one of the heavier-end detail of programs.The Six Grand figure was for Three-Active user licence, apiece.That figure was denoted as a, mild-reduced bargain deal for the three,active at once.

We never took the gentleman up on his offer.Man that I was involved with, ask software author if there was anyway to Back-Door the software,hack/defeat program so as to not pay for the multible terminal useage.Couldn't believe this idiot ask this question,and expected an answer.Idiot had the capital,I had the Electrical Licence to contract volume.Started to ask myself just who I was involved with.Needless to say,I felt better, seeking other avenues of employement.So never used program.

But heard it was top-shelf program.Seen in Demo with author,easy-on the user with tech support offered.If seeking a program,it would be worth-while to look into..

[ April 10, 2005, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: dillon3c ]

royta

Originally posted by mtn_elec:
Have you guys ever seen the National Electrical Estimator?. It is more for residential and light commercial but you could add your own details for new jobs and it is around $24.00 if you download it on line. http://craftsman-book.com/products/index.php?main_page=cbc_product_book_info&cPath=22&products_id=173
I have used the Home Depot version of this software. I don't use HD's prices, but I will use the labor units. Unfortunately, it only gives you labor units for what Home Depot carries. Then, it's very hard to find exactly what you want due to Home Depot's poor description of their products. It will give you labor units for every single 20A 1-pole breaker they carry. Imagine that, a C-H BR120 takes just as long to install as a Murray MP120. I know, I know, the software is actually designed to make it easier for the "Pro" to order from the "Pro Desk". The Craftsman labor units are just an added bonus. I've used the program once (with prices from the wholesaler), and I think I came in high (still no word from job owner).

I saw the book & CD at Barnes & Noble last night. I think I'll spend a bit more time flipping through the pages to see how the items are listed, and then I just might download the software only.

[ May 13, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: royta ]

highkvoltage

I just bought accubid. Not very easy to learn on your own so I used the online tutorial session. Very helpful. I had the program for a week. But now just when I am ready to finish a bid on a three story building the program is screwing up. If I have to work all weekend to redo this bid the can shove there program where the sun doesn't shine. For $1800 I exspect better. Yesterday everything worked fine. Now I can't edit takeoffs. It shuts the program down.

chrsb

I had a simular problem when I bought my program. It was Saturday and I had 2 very important bids to finish, my program locked me out. I sent multiple e-mails and made alot of phone calls, no one called me back until Monday. I ended up doing my bids manually.

highkvoltage

Found the problem. I unplugged the scalex measuring tool and the program started running properly. I call tech Monday to find out way. What a relief.

tkb

The Accubid support never was available on the weekend. Only 8:30am to 8:00pm EST.
Maybe it's just the learning cure for the program. You will get the hang of it.
I have used Accubid for years.
Don't give up on it yet.
It's the best on the market. I've tried a few and always come back to Accubid.

highkvoltage

I love the program so I will keep it and learn as I go. Tech support said they are aware that a problem exist with the scalex measuring told and that they are working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.