AC Combiner Panel

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation
Licensed Electrician and General Contractor
Does anyone have any manufacturers they’d recommend for a rooftop NEMA4 AC combiner panel? I have four 30A 480v branch circuits coming from Yotta DPI-480 micro inverters. I’d rather combine up on the roof than bring each circuit into the panel board at the meter.

I’ve used TerraSmart (Solar BOS) AC combiners before (https://www.terrasmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SS08-SolarBOS-AC-Combiners.pdf).

Was wondering if anyone else had a better solution? This is relatively small at 100a of calc’d load.

A QO panel board with the smallest frame calc’d out at $10k with a 100a main breaker. I’m pretty confident we can do better.

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation
Does anyone have any manufacturers they’d recommend for a rooftop NEMA4 AC combiner panel? I have four 30A 480v branch circuits coming from Yotta DPI-480 micro inverters. I’d rather combine up on the roof than bring each circuit into the panel board at the meter.

I’ve used TerraSmart (Solar BOS) AC combiners before (https://www.terrasmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SS08-SolarBOS-AC-Combiners.pdf).

Was wondering if anyone else had a better solution? This is relatively small at 100a of calc’d load.

A QO panel board with the smallest frame calc’d out at $10k with a 100a main breaker. I’m pretty confident we can do better.

Annnnnnnnyone?

scrubbin

Occupation
maintenance Tech
Last edited:

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation
Maybe:
Maybe:

Those are very nice — I hadn’t seen the first manufacturer.

Unfortunately they’re DC only. I need something that’s 480v AC three phase listed.

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation

We don’t have great Siemens distribution here. I’ll look though.

NEMA 4 so I can lay it on its back, there isn’t anything tall on this site to mount it to, so I’d have to make up a strut backboard. This job is micros, no inverter or anything to share a backboard with.