600 VAC miniature breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a 600VAC rated mini circuit breaker or supplemental protector?
All I've found are 480/277. Thanks in advance.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Does anyone know of a 600VAC rated mini circuit breaker or supplemental protector?
All I've found are 480/277. Thanks in advance.
No, probably can't be done. The 480/277V version was damned near impossible to begin with, that's why they are all "slash rated" only and have very low interrupt / SCCR ratings. You cannot even find a straight 480V (delta) version of those IEC MCBs. Even if they added a bunch of phase barriers to get the creep distance long enough between poles for 600V, the amount of interrupt capacity would be so low that it would be virtually impossible to apply them in the real world anyway. I would imagine they could not even meet 5kA at 600V. So where are you going to use them that has less than 5kA AFC?

By the way, I was referring to UL489 test specs. There are some that are UL1077 that go up to 600V, ABB makes one (S500), but 2 and 3 pole only. They are supposedly rated for 6kAIC under the UL1077 criteria, which is less stringent than UL489 because in order to use them you have to have something else ahead of them as BCP anyway.

Last edited:
I thought so

I thought so

I was planning on using a mccb. Space is limited so I was wondering if there was even another option available.

Thanks for your input.

paul

I found myself in that bind a while back. I used a Cooper CCP-1-30CC. Not a miniature breaker, but it's a fuse holder with an on/off switch.

[LINK]

94c75d18-d9fc-480e-9977-fab4b49fb092.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.