410.67(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I can remember a job I was on 2 years ago as a journeymens helper. It was a radio shack store and we had installed 2X4 fluorescent luminaires in the ceiling. The J.Man said you couldn't have a piece of 12/2 mc cable over 6' long supplying power to a light fixture. So he had us set a 4 square box within 6' of every 2X4 light. He said 410.67(C) was the reason for all the j-boxes. Was he correct in doing so? I don't see how, we must have used 100 - 4 square boxes on that job and I was twisting joints together for a month. :mad: Another code requirement he swore by was that each mc whip had to be strapped within 12" of landing into the fixture so he had us drop ceiling grid wire for each light so we could put a "batwing" within 12" of each light, this was in addition to a ceiling grid wire to each corner of the fixture for a total of 5 wires per light. Where in the heck is this required in the code for a light fixture whip? Thanks

[ June 15, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: iaspiretowire ]

G

Re: 410.67(C)

I read all those posts and none of them answered my question. Can a peice of mc cable feeding power to a light be longer than 6'? :confused:

[ June 16, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: iaspiretowire ]

Status
Not open for further replies.