4 voltages generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinchelo

Occupation
Electric Technician
Hello, I have a question I have a Bemac Generator of 250 kW of 4 voltages 208, 240, 416, 480 volts what will be the conections for each voltages?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'm going to venture a guess that there are twelve 120v windings, or coils, with pairs connected in parallel or series, depending on desired voltage, and in wye or delta.

There should be a clear diagram for each possible configuration.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Hello, I have a question I have a Bemac Generator of 250 kW of 4 voltages 208, 240, 416, 480 volts what will be the conections for each voltages?
Your question requires you to have a good understanding of electrical codes and theory. We are unable to assist you, please contact an electrician

Kevinchelo

Occupation
Electric Technician
I'm going to venture a guess that there are twelve 120v windings, or coils, with pairs connected in parallel or series, depending on desired voltage, and in wye or delta.

There should be a clear diagram for each possible configuration.
First I'm going to use test of impedance and phase angle to find the right lead for each connection (the 24 wires are cut so I have to identify the 12 outputs and 12 inputs of the 12 groups of coils, is a generator of 4 poles 1800 rpm) then I'm going to connect double delta to generate 208 volts, double wye to generate 240 volts, delta series to generate 416 volts and wye series to generate 480 volts, what do you think?

And connect in the case of double wye 4-5-6-10-11-12 leads to neutral and wye series connect 10-11-12 leads to neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.