3 phase 240v 200a design

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm14

:?:?:?
Hello All,
My grandfather has a 6kw system on his 1-story home.
We designed/build the system ourselves. We shopped around and found good panels, 2 good inverters, racking, the whole 9.
I used many online tools to design the single line diagram like string sizing tools and this forum of course. After 4 corrections we got the
project approved and build it in a week. MY grandpa now has his system and is very happy.
He has told his friends and now one of them wants me to design a system for him as well, problem is he has a 3 phase 240v 200a main and I have no clue how to tie into that. :?:?:?:?:?
He wants 3 power one inverters on this. Although I will probably convince him to hire an engineer, I am now curious as to how this works.
I've searched online and can't find anything so I came here where the solar pros are to look for answers.
How is this topology different than a regular one? and how would someone tie those 3 inverters into that weird main service panel.

Thank you all before hand.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.