3/4" EMT Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

Last one I did of any size. Underground garage running raceways for exhaust fan control circuits, mostly straight runs, 8-10 foot ceilings.... 3000' - 4 journeymen x 2 days - 2 journeymen x 1 day

If it took 4 j-man two days (8 man-days) to run 3k', it would take 2 j-man 4 days, not 1... or were you saying 4 guys worked 2 days, then two guys finished up the last day?

Mark47n

I'm a bit late to this game but my question is this; are you talking about bidding it at 100'/8 hrs or is your expectation from your crew 100'/8 hrs?

I know what Accubid tells you and RS Means says but you still have to provide more information. You say that the ceiling is open but what does that mean, exactly? What floor is the work on? What are the means for supporting and are all of the rods that you mention in place? Are you SURE that you can use the ceiling support system to support the electrical raceways? How many junction boxes are in that run?

As to the ceiling, just because others have used the pencil rod to support their systems don't assume that you'll be able to as well.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Are you SURE that you can use the ceiling support system to support the electrical raceways? How many junction boxes are in that run?

As to the ceiling, just because others have used the pencil rod to support their systems don't assume that you'll be able to as well.

In NYC, where the OP works, the pencil rod ceiling support system is permitted to support electrical raceways and boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.