240 from single-phase 3-wire vs 120-240 step-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavelength

New User
Hello all, I'm new here, but this forum seems to pop up a lot for this type of question, so it seemed like a good place to ask.

I have an LED lighting fixture (Digital Lumens ILE-3-13) which is currently running off a Hammond 298DT 120:240v step-up converter (device's allowable input is 208-277v, 50-60hz). I was considering whether I could switch to running it off standard residential 240v. I realize the difference between the two, however my question is whether this would actually make a difference to the device (which is intended for one line, one neutral, one ground).

I'm guessing that due to the digital nature of the device the answer will be "Maybe, you'd need schematics to know for sure". But, was hoping someone had some insights, or maybe even direct experience with that particular fixture.

Thanks in advance!

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

Status
Not open for further replies.