2005 n,j,test

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest

does any one know when the 2002 test will not be used and the 2005 code book start to be used for the test ? thanks john

ken987

Re: 2005 n,j,test

You would have to contact the state or experior, however I've called both and found them useless, before I took the test. The one I took was on the 2002

friebel

To ken987
You ask the question, "when will your state change to the 2005 code for their test questions"
The Electrical Board of Licensing in your State is the one to give you that answer.
I have contacted the Delaware Board, and they have not made that decision, so until they do, the test will be on the 2002 code, and Experion the contracting company for giving the exams will
adhere to what each individual state decides.

ken987

Really,
How about you call the NJ board of electical contractors. And SEE what they tell you. Lets see I've called them 3 times prior to my test. I never got an answer. What I got was "I don't know", "It's too soon to know" and "you'll have to call experior".

luke warmwater

I recently contacted NJ and was told it was on 2002NEC. You should still check with them. What was yesterday, isn't always what will be tomorrow.

Jack,
I have been licensed in DE since 1995.
The Delaware board will not enforce the 2005 NEC until the DE State Fire Marshall adopts it.
That could be in 2006, who knows.

And even when that time comes, we still won't know about it, because the board does not inform the license holders that they are adopting the new code.

Instead we find out by happening upon a letter that is hung in a supply house that one of the 3rd party inspection agencies has hung there. Or by word of mouth; I think I heard, from a guy who knows, that his buddy spoke to, in 3 weeks it might be the time....

One of the inspection agencies was still inspecting on the 1999NEC 6 months after the 2002 was adopted.
The State hadn't even informed them.

Did you actually contact the Board?
Or did you call the State office and talk to Judy?

ken987

Called the State Board of Electrical Contractors
That would be the state office as, the board only meets at set times throught the year.
There's one person there that knows what she's doing, a Barbara Cook, the others can't be understood, and don't know any answers to the questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.