Wiring run HiBay HID to LED conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiokalin63

New User
Occupation
Handy Man
The church I attend has asked me to help replace 400w HID Hi-Bay lights with 100w LED Corn lights. The area is roughly 30'W x 60'L x 30'H (ceiling). Bypassing ballasts. Want to run control switches for 3 runs of 4 lights each run from the breaker and have the switches at middle of building (sound/lighting booth). As it is now, the lights are controlled only by the breakers at the box at front of church, 30' away from control booth. Want to run wire from breakers to control booth & add switches to control lighting, then up to the lighting runs. It's 220v. LEDs are multi voltage 110-277v mogul/E39 base. Need to know what guage wire to use (#10?) and what type of conduit needed (Flex, EMC, ? or does it require conduit?). Special switches? Straps needed if in conduit? Obviously, I don't know enough to answer my own questions, but church can't afford to pay a pro. I did Electrical Apprenticeship & got my US Dept. of Labor Certificate for Maint. Tech./Repair. but years ago and have retired. Haven't kept up with the codes and need help, please. Thank you

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
If installing stuff is not your occupation, then we can’t help you install stuff. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the dozens of other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.