Wireway for wiring to a gasoline pump or dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
The 2017 Handbook exhibit 514.4 shows sealoff locations at the gasoline dispensers, and inside at the panelboard.

It also shows a wireway between the indoor sealoffs and the panelboard, but it doesn't mention why the wireway is shown in the diagram.

Looking at a cutsheet that shows wiring for dispensing equipment, it also shows the same wireway between the indoor panelboard and the indoor sealoffs.

Also, an actual existing installation I just looked at also had the same wireway installed inside at the panelboard, above the sealoffs and above where the conduits went underground.

Is there a reason this wireway is needed?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
That is just a common installation practice used where there are multiple conduits run to the dispensers. There is no code requirement for the wireway and the conduits can be run directly from the sealoff to the panel.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
That is just a common installation practice used where there are multiple conduits run to the dispensers. There is no code requirement for the wireway and the conduits can be run directly from the sealoff to the panel.
Ok, thanks. I was starting to wonder if I was missing some reason it was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.