wireway fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibew236

My foreman wants me to stuff 26 4/0 copper THHN conductors into a 6x6 metal wireway. He says you can put up to 30 without derating. I say 20% of cross section = 22 4/0 max. Is there anyway we can install these conductors in this wireway and not violate NEC.

jgriffin

Re: wireway fill

You're RIGHT,He's Wrong. He needs Someone To Explain 376.22 to him. If he won't listen go to the GF,or Steward before giving in. Griff.

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

i havent done the math but that seems like a square peg in a round hole to me

ibew236

thank you for your response. Unforunately I am working in an area of the country(upstate NY) where electrical inspections are a joke and the contractors take advantage of this fact. I am put in a tuff position many times for sticking to NEC, in other words its more profitable for contractor to hire "electricians" who don't know or follow NEC. I know this may be hard for some of you to believe but it is true. I been on many jobs and have seen the foreman put inspections stickers on without the "inspector" having ever been to the site!

jgriffin

Been there and Done that. Your choices are to Tough it out somehow or go sign the book.(I'd tough it out.) Griff.

Status
Not open for further replies.