Wire type and gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdt141

New User
Occupation
Engineer
Trying to determine if this 220V circuit for my dryer is using 6 Gauge Aluminum wire. I think so but I can’t find a print decoder online for this

ENERGEX-8000 TYPE SE-STYLE: R XHHW 600V AA-8000-AL 3/C-6 AWG +1/C-6 (UL) E-49786 2001 000584

Plan is to upgrade to a 50A breaker and relocate the plug to support an EV in my garage.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry, or persons who do not perform electrical installation or maintenance as part of their jobs. Engineers are welcome to participate, but only if their questions do not involve attempts to perform their own electrical installation, troubleshooting, or maintenance work.

If I have misread the situation, if for example you have an electrical contractor on board to perform the installation work, then send me a PM to explain the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.