Wire prices - getting sadder by the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Was at Menards yesterday 250 ft of 12-2 NM was about $225, 1000 ft was about $900. They do have 11% rebate - but is in store credit check so you must still spend it in their store. They did not have either those items in stock though.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
Just reported that lumber futures have plummeted. I rather expect that pipe and wire prices will similarly plummet at some point. People are going to get tired of upgrading their homes and will want to burn money on things like entertainment.

-Jon

retirede

Just reported that lumber futures have plummeted. I rather expect that pipe and wire prices will similarly plummet at some point. People are going to get tired of upgrading their homes and will want to burn money on things like entertainment.

-Jon

Lumber contracts are half of what they were May 1st. About what they were in January. Retail has not caught up yet but it will happen.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Lumber contracts are half of what they were May 1st. About what they were in January. Retail has not caught up yet but it will happen.
Bought some lumber today, was listed on the Home Depot app as $23+ when I got the register it rang up at $15+. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.