Why close microwave not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar

Occupation
EE
190825-1606 EDT

To close said thread means that useful troubleshooting information is not provided for electricians in general.

Most all electricians that responded provided an open an look method. No particular logic to the approach. Mostly cut and try. I provided some information on some procedures that might initially point more closely to where to look for the actual problem without opening things up. With appropriate tests one can rule out many possibilities without having to tear things apart.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
190825-1606 EDT

To close said thread means that useful troubleshooting information is not provided for electricians in general.

Most all electricians that responded provided an open an look method. No particular logic to the approach. Mostly cut and try. I provided some information on some procedures that might initially point more closely to where to look for the actual problem without opening things up. With appropriate tests one can rule out many possibilities without having to tear things apart.

No apparent logic to you.

It would have taken less than a half an hour to pull two receptacles and I will bet that would have found the problem. Instead, the thread when on for hours and nothing was found.

To me, the issue of a receptacle not working is elementary, and I have repaired dozens and would never ask for advice on this forum. Or any other, for that matter.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
It's OK. I got some info I can use to narrow it down, some stuff I can check to see if the problem is easy, and some useful info I can give an electrician I bring in if it comes to that, Thanks for your help.

If this thread is still open when it's fixed I'll let y'all know what it was.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It's OK. I got some info I can use to narrow it down, some stuff I can check to see if the problem is easy, and some useful info I can give an electrician I bring in if it comes to that, Thanks for your help.

If this thread is still open when it's fixed I'll let y'all know what it was.

I closed the thread because that was exactly what I thought-- you had enough info and of course, the forum rules don't allow us helping non electrician on diy stuff. When we close other people who come into the forum they sometimes have read some post and have complained that we allowed others to post who shouldn't have... you can't win-- Again I think there is plenty info there. If you need help-- contact me with a pm....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.