Who is responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
He not refusing as of yet, I was giving him some time to try and have the other company settle this. I am giving him till end of week then getting paid or filling Lein. Either way I wish I was not a nice guy.

(or sucker)
Hopefully you learned that the financial side of things needs to be resolved before any work is done. No point to doing work you won't get paid for.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
Or you go in knowing intentionally ahead of time knowing you only might get paid, and charge accordingly.

Probably need to be both an electrician and a lawyer, but the business model would be to contract with the homeowner to do the repairs and then go after the insurance company for payment.

Jon

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Or you go in knowing intentionally ahead of time knowing you only might get paid, and charge accordingly.

Probably need to be both an electrician and a lawyer, but the business model would be to contract with the homeowner to do the repairs and then go after the insurance company for payment.

Jon
Most insurance companies have means to handle these kind of emergency type situations. Best to let them handle it. They probably have contractors already on call to do this kind of work. Just like if you roof blows off at night. They can get you a crew out to tarp over it to prevent further damage very fast.

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
He not refusing as of yet, I was giving him some time to try and have the other company settle this. I am giving him till end of week then getting paid or filling Lein. Either way I wish I was not a nice guy.
Text or email the conversation for a data trail, prepare an itemized bill for the 3500.00 mentioning the damage caused and the nature of the work.

I'd forget any conversations with anyone other than the homeowner. Mention to him if they cant pay the full amount that you need a deposit then provide the deducted amount from the actual bill. Key is to lock them into the mutual understanding with written terms and full or partial payment of said mutual understanding.

Occupation
Electrical technician
Im not sure why you would assign who is responsible at any point as it doesn’t really concern you. You contract with home owner get you money from them and than its on them to get their money back

Status
Not open for further replies.