Which method to take to protect cat6 cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphel927

New User
Occupation
Stay at home Dad
I would like to get others opinions on how I should protect a cat6 cable in a finished residential garage. I’m just planning to install one cat6 line to a second story office. In the past the method I would take is to surface mount 1/2 emt conduit in the garage to protect the line. Curious what other methods I can take and still meet code to protect the line? I picked up some 3/8 aluminum flex since I’m just protecting one cat6 line. The run is about 30 feet long with two 90s. Not sure if 3/8 aluminum flex would meet the fill factor requirements for the cat6 line and if aluminum flex meets code for a 30 foot run? Some reason I thought you were limited to how far you could run aluminum flex. Also any thoughts on using smurf tube for this application and still meet code? Thanks.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
About any of your methods would work to protect the cable.
With that said..........

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the “Report” icon at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.