Where are you getting your install parts, switch gear, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

I am realizing our local guys don't have all that many parts for PV so curious if you guys are getting your stuff local or having to order and where from? I am mostly talking about the small stuff that usually adds up to a fortune like disconnects, fuses, boxes, etc. One issue we are having is though most of this equipment is likely just fine for the application but simply not rated for DC, so we can't use it.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Most of the residential systems we build are made up of microinverters, so DC is a non issue. For most of the larger commercial systems we use inverters that have integrated combiners and switches on the DC side. Any electrical supply house can order DC rated switches and other BOS components if you really need them, and many of the manufacturers of such gear will sell to you directly on line.

I am realizing our local guys don't have all that many parts for PV so curious if you guys are getting your stuff local or having to order and where from? I am mostly talking about the small stuff that usually adds up to a fortune like disconnects, fuses, boxes, etc. One issue we are having is though most of this equipment is likely just fine for the application but simply not rated for DC, so we can't use it.

I am no longer doing the large commercial PV that I used to do (and I wasnt procuring materials for those anyway). Now I just do 1-2 resi systems a year. Like Gunny said, unless you are doing off grid stuff, there really isnt much DC stuff needed. I do have an account with AEE and typically get inverters and PV specific stuff from them.

tom08588

Occupation
Engineer
Krannich solar is one of the best priced online distributors for equipment, but you may have to wait 2-3 days for it to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.