What kind of modules are people using for residential solar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNorm

We're using mainly Sunpower these days but I was curious what others are using and if they have any positive or negative feedback?

Thanks

I don't really care. Whatever I can find a good deal on. Last time was Trina. I do a system here and there, not regularly. I could see someone who does lots of solar wanting to standardize but it doesn't matter to me.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
We're using mainly Sunpower these days but I was curious what others are using and if they have any positive or negative feedback?

Thanks
A lot of people feel that the higher spatial efficiency and longer warranty of Sunpower are generally not worth the premium price. A possible exception is where for some reason a particular number of watts is needed in a strictly limited space.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
A lot of people feel that the higher spatial efficiency and longer warranty of Sunpower are generally not worth the premium price. A possible exception is where for some reason a particular number of watts is needed in a strictly limited space.

The spatial advantage as compared to LG is pretty much gone now. It amounts to a few inches on most residential roofs, and in some cases the details will mean more LG panels can fit, since they have different footprints. And the price is much better.

JoeNorm, as for your original question, most residential sticks with 60 cell modules or similar, and black frames are pretty much an expectation these days. But other than that, whatever balances the customer's price, space, and aesthetic demands.

Zee

BoB whenever visible and residential. Can. Solar 330 and Q Cells 330 and up are good value. Very rarely LG.

solarBolt

Occupation
Electrical contractor
As an installer i really like Canadian CS1H-330MS, BOB, with bubars in the back of their cells, they are very very very pretty !
IMG_20190927_112708.jpg
Overall, its 2020, all panels are good these days.

Reactions: Zee
Status
Not open for further replies.