What can a 3x2x2 box legally be used for besides the end of a 14-2 outlet circuit or a switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retirede

Its connecting the rectangular to the flange on the MW that's the problem. You can't get screws in there, and taping with foil tape is a bear. I've been running it out a soffit to the outer wall, so it could be rectangular up into there but I still would struggle with the 1st connection. And with the "tip up" wall flange mounting of the units its not like you can put on a 12" length and then install the MW.

While I'm kvetching, F-ing Samsung strikes again. In the directions it simply says 'install the carbon filter at the top vent'. There's no obvious way, no door or latch. I google and find that you have to remove 3 screws and slide the whole top of the front frame to the left! Seriously? They didn't think that needed to be explained!!! And needing to remove screws for something that needs regular changing is simply crappy design.

Have you looked at DuPont Tyvek FlexWrap tape instead of foil? I haven’t used it, but it looks like it would be far easier to apply and get a seal. Not sure if any codes would preclude its use for vent ducts???

Status
Not open for further replies.