West Virginia Master Exam

CLESparky

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I sit for the West Virginia Master Exam in November. Going deep on prep right now. Any folks that have passed the WV Master with tips I would appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
I sit for the West Virginia Master Exam in November. Going deep on prep right now. Any folks that have passed the WV Master with tips I would appreciate.

Took it a couple years ago. Was still on the 2017 code cycle I believe.
As far as calculations most we’re multi family and commercial if my mind serves me correct. Pretty similar to the examples in the back of your code book.(pay attention to the wording and whether or not they ask for demand factors or not)

Familiarize your self with the code book the best you can. I studied Mikes and Ray holders material and loved them both. I would suggest buying them.

I put tabs on everything even my key word index I put alphabetical tabs to save time find words. 4 or 5 hours go buy faster than you think.

What part of WV are you from and where are you taking your exam?

CLESparky

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Took it a couple years ago. Was still on the 2017 code cycle I believe.
As far as calculations most we’re multi family and commercial if my mind serves me correct. Pretty similar to the examples in the back of your code book.(pay attention to the wording and whether or not they ask for demand factors or not)

Familiarize your self with the code book the best you can. I studied Mikes and Ray holders material and loved them both. I would suggest buying them.

I put tabs on everything even my key word index I put alphabetical tabs to save time find words. 4 or 5 hours go buy faster than you think.

What part of WV are you from and where are you taking your exam?

Taking it in Wheeling.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum.

The majority of questions will be about the NEC. Using the NEC is about knowing how to find what you need to know, not memorizing it.

Follow along with questions and discussions here in the forum, and try to find the answers yourself before reading them in the threads.

CLESparky

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Welcome to the forum.

The majority of questions will be about the NEC. Using the NEC is about knowing how to find what you need to know, not memorizing it.

Follow along with questions and discussions here in the forum, and try to find the answers yourself before reading them in the threads.

Thank you. I found that to be the key to success when I took the Journeyman’s exam. The tabs were a big help.