Water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Just looked at job, they had 56" of water in their basement. I figure on replacing the sub-panel but I checked the receptacles (10) that fed from the ceiling in the basement in emt (Thwn) and they all work! This is a insurance job so should I replace all the receptacles and the wire. They were under water for three days, until the water went down.

kwired

Electron manager
Just looked at job, they had 56" of water in their basement. I figure on replacing the sub-panel but I checked the receptacles (10) that fed from the ceiling in the basement in emt (Thwn) and they all work! This is a insurance job so should I replace all the receptacles and the wire. They were under water for three days, until the water went down.

Receptacles - most likely should be replaced.

THWN conductor - some may tell you you have to, I will point out that I am always pulling out THWN installed in underground raceways that ultimately get filled with water - they are supposed to be able to handle that. Just pulled some out today - they were wet coming out but were still operational before being pulled and they running at 277 volts to ground.

If it were NM cable there is a little more room to argue that it should be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.