Warehouse/Shop Multiple Sub Panels off 200 Amp Service - Load Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

New User
Occupation
Retired
The idea of multiple sub panels has been discussed before off a 200 Amp Service.

We currently have a unheated Warehouse/Shop that contains 10 -1000 Sq Ft individual units. Built 20 years ago to Code.

Main Service 200 Amp feeds 10 meter bases and branches out from there to the 10 x 100 Sub Panels. I'm assuming that all branch circuits were 20 Amp Breakers at the Main Panel at one time. Over the years it looks like some have been changed out to 40 Amps (I'm assuming). I checked the Size of the Teck, measured the Run and confirmed the max amperage rating within a 3% Voltage Loss. In my unit it looks like it will handle 32 Amps and is fused with a 40 Amp Breaker.

Question when designing a system like this how is Section 8 applied and how much load sharing can be done? In other words if wire was properly sized, what would be the Max Amperage allowed to each Unit Sub Panel by CEC code? In practice there is seldom more than one or two units at a time demanding power. There has never been a issue.

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.