Wall plate maker for my service truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
If it made economic sense from a marketing standpoint, I think dies would be the way to go simply for quality of cut. You could do CNC with a down cut blade/mill/bit. Who ever creates this should sell blanks in metal and plastic.

Die Advantage.
- Clean cut
- Fast
- Could be designed for use on metal and plastic plates
- 100% mechanical

Die Disadvantage

- Limited to number of die types
- Have to carry and store dies.

CNC Advantage
- Flexibility in layout and cut
- Only carry machine no dies

CNC Disadvantage
- Metal cutting would limit quality or drive cost up
- Need computer or electronics integrated to machine.
- speed

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was at a job today and client asked me to change one of the toggles in a two gang box to a dimmer. No two gang decora/toggle plates on the truck. I put a double decora plate on and told the client I was out of the correct plate. I took $10 off the bill and asked him to pick up the correct plate next time he goes to Home Depot and then change it himself. I could have used that machine today. That $10 comes right out of profit.

Todd0x1

I was at a job today and client asked me to change one of the toggles in a two gang box to a dimmer. No two gang decora/toggle plates on the truck. I put a double decora plate on and told the client I was out of the correct plate. I took $10 off the bill and asked him to pick up the correct plate next time he goes to Home Depot and then change it himself. I could have used that machine today. That $10 comes right out of profit.

Did you have a double gang decora plate and a decora switch? "For only another $XX I can replace the switch so the switch and dimmer match, it looks out of place otherwise" Missed upsell.......

Status
Not open for further replies.