Wall mount tv on exterior wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

T74

Doing a rough that calls for a wall mount tv on an exterior wall. Walls will be spray foam insulation. Anyone have good solutions for low voltage cables between tv and furniture/ equipment below?

Usually I would install an Arlington TV box for the tv and then snake whatever cables I need to another box behind furniture but that won't be possible because of the insulation.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Doing a rough that calls for a wall mount tv on an exterior wall. Walls will be spray foam insulation. Anyone have good solutions for low voltage cables between tv and furniture/ equipment below?
Plastic boxes with PVC conduit between them, installed during rough-in..

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
Plastic boxes with LARGE PVC conduit between them, installed during rough-in..
1.5" minimum so HDMI cables can be GENTLY pulled.

If it were my house, I'd like something like laundry inserts for their plumbing. I'm just considering data, video, etc. For power, conventional as @LarryFine suggests.

Two friends ran system vacuum tubing, 2" diameter, with long radius sweeps for AV purposes. They were very satisfied.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I’ve started using the new On-Q dual purpose enclosures. They have KO’s for 1-1/2” conduit. I run a pipe down to a 2gg LV box below it if needed for AV equipment.

I’ve installed them behind all of the TV’s in my house now. It has a mounting plate to hold a small receivers or Apple TV’s etc….

See page 3 of this doc…

Edit; link didn’t work, go here instead, and where it says “new on-q products guide” click on “explore” and see page 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
ENP0900 and ENP1700

669a343d601b932962aae5b80423c387.png

bbe5932a1c7e61dec9b6853156400b04.png

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Pics of that Legrand box I linked above ….

This is the 17” version. It can hold quite a bit. This one in my bedroom has an Apple TV, AirTV 2, antenna amplifier, and USB SSD for OTA dvr storage.

The 9” version is really enough for most installations.

6d0a1ba2d128f5c5fe3933c50a24a959.jpg

1ee5f727556174d3f54e11478bc5f9d6.jpg

farmantenna

The Legrand 17" enclosure would work for the Samsung Picture tvs large control box and the Legrand catalog photos show its placement.

electricians take notice of this. I needed something like this last year for multiple samsung tvs

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
The Legrand 17" enclosure would work for the Samsung Picture tvs large control box and the Legrand catalog photos show its placement.

electricians take notice of this. I needed something like this last year for multiple samsung tvs

Yes, it was designed with that device in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.