Volume Source Control in Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJordal

We would like to put a Leviton HIFI volume/source control (95A03-1) and Bluetooth input in a pedestal on an outdoor patio. These devices are indoor rated. If we put these in an plastic outdoor enclosure will this installation be code compliant?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
No different from a switch installed outdoors in a WP bubble cover, not familiar with Leviton or BT input if they are devices (like a switch) then its easy.

Todd0x1

I would also consider how long the device will last when installed in such an environment. There will still be moisture and condensation inside the WP box and cover. I wonder if the PCB in these devices has a conformal coating?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I would also consider how long the device will last when installed in such an environment. There will still be moisture and condensation inside the WP box and cover. I wonder if the PCB in these devices has a conformal coating?

Certainly a consideration. Just because you can install it there doesn't mean you should.

Have you looked into whether the system provides an internal web page URL so that the customer can have whatever functionality that control provides from the browser on their cell phones via WiFi?

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.