Virginia Master Electrician Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagosparky

Hello fellow Voltage Gurus, I'm signed up for the Virginia exam next month. Saw posts from approx 4 years ago saying it's pretty much like the rest of them. Just wondering if anyone took it recently. Saw it's administered by PSI exams. I took & passed the Gary, IN exam last month, but that was issued by their local inspector & all answers were hand written.
Are all the PSI exams the same? I have never taken one.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Hello fellow Voltage Gurus, I'm signed up for the Virginia exam next month. Saw posts from approx 4 years ago saying it's pretty much like the rest of them. Just wondering if anyone took it recently. Saw it's administered by PSI exams. I took & passed the Gary, IN exam last month, but that was issued by their local inspector & all answers were hand written.
Are all the PSI exams the same? I have never taken one.

Not all electrical exams given by PSI will be the same. It all depends on jurisdiction's requirements and their contract with PSI. For example, Colorado uses PSI as their exam provider but the exam content is owned by CO. Texas would be another state that owns their content. Never assume that exam content will be the same among exams given by the same exam provider.
Did you download the exam bulletin for this exam from PSI? It will give you valuable info.

chicagosparky

Yep, I did download the additional info on the exam, it tells me there will be 90 questions: Standards & Practice [3], Standards of Conduct [2], Renewal & Reinstatement [2], Definitions [1], Qualifications for Licensure [1] ?, Revocation of Licensure [1] ?, General Electrical knowledge [4], Reqts for Electrical installations [4], Electrical-electronics fundamentals [5], Service, Feeders & Branch ccts [9], Service & Feeder Requirements [6], Grounding & Bonding [9], Conductors & Cables [7], Raceways & Boxes [8], Special Occupancies [4], Special Eqpmt [2], Electrical Signs & Outline Lighting [2], Motors & Controls [8], Utilization Eqpt [6]?, Lighting [2], General Low Voltage Requirements [1], Communication Systems [1], Fire Detection & Alarm Systems [2]

Status
Not open for further replies.