Very weird AFCIs randomly tripping , new and old

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
How many want a second opinion before they let you put much into it?
Kwired you sound like a one man show or a really small shop, and most of the things I find are never installations by people like you.
And when guys like you get super swamped and/or have a really persnickety customer they call me and I handle it.
We dont wire new subdivisions so,
I am usually the second opinion, its usually when a GC, house flipper, remodeler, 'handyman' that are in hot water and give up or not calling back or are getting sued, the home owner wants a second opinion.
If a fellow EC calls Ill even wear one of their shirts LOL, I never 'thow people under the bus', but I find allot of boo boo's and no no's.

I am very neutral, I don't get into AFCI politics or conspiracy theories, I don't point fingers, I am just there to get the lights on.
The biggest thing for me is dealing with occupied houses, I don't pass any judgement about how much stuff people have or how clean they are.
I have coordinated bizarre stuff like laborers to help move stuff and a 'pod' (one of those 20' storage things you can get dropped off) to deal with the amount of 'stuff' the way.

The worst one ever was when I checked out an amazing house built with a view of the river, and found someone had stapled all the romex on the narrow side, and hard. This was in a difficult to crawl crawl space, I am sure no inspector ever saw it.
Sad thing is that house burned down last summer due to wild fires.

We've had a few 'in house' problems I fixed, (hey no one is perfect) one of our journeyman use to boast about only needing a Linemans pliers and a 10N1 to work.
Well he had a tenancy to leave a little nick where the Kliens bit too hard into the 12's while stripping romex, add a touch of humidity and bam a trip.

One person obviously had a rodent problem, and bad, they were in total denial, so I just shut up and re wired a lighting circuit with 14/2 MC and a hazmat suit.
I could go on forever..

Status
Not open for further replies.