various options to interconnect remote array structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit this could be read both ways. I have generally seen it applied as Mr Gunn stated.

The Ac output circuit automatically meets Rapid shutdown.

Not sure I agree with that. Could you elaborate?
2017 NEC Figure 690.1(b) shows the PV system disconnect at the inverter, implying, if not making explicit, that the "PV system circuits" are the DC circuits only. If the PV output circuit terminates at an inverter mounted on the outside of a house, wouldn't most AHJ's say the PV system circuit is not on the house?

Also, 2017 NEC 690.13 says means shall be provided to disconnect the PV system from all wiring systems including power systems, energy storage systems, and utilization equipment and its associated premises wiring. This, according to Bill Brooks in "NEC 2017 Updates for PV Systems" in SolarPro 9.3, May & June 2013, clarifies that the PV system disconnect is the disconnecting means that separates the PV system conductors from all other conductors associated with all other electrical systems."

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Old thread. Maybe start a new one if you have a question about something you're working on presently.

As far as rapid shutdown, I'd say if your DC conduit is anywhere strapped to the house then it's on the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.