variable frequency drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir mehmood

dear professionals;
we are having 132 kw VFD for 110 KW motor. the vfd is showing one problem whose code is F085 External Fault, in the manual its cause is written as: external fault triggered via input terminals.the remedy is written as: disable input terminals for fault trigger or eliminate external fault. check if digital input is set ON.
But unfortunately i dont know how external fault is triggered via input terminals, means there is some fault on motor side? or in VFD. how can we disable the input terminals for fault trigger or eliminate external fault.
please guide me about this i need quick answers.
thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
dear professionals;
we are having 132 kw VFD for 110 KW motor. the vfd is showing one problem whose code is F085 External Fault, in the manual its cause is written as: external fault triggered via input terminals.the remedy is written as: disable input terminals for fault trigger or eliminate external fault. check if digital input is set ON.
But unfortunately i dont know how external fault is triggered via input terminals, means there is some fault on motor side? or in VFD. how can we disable the input terminals for fault trigger or eliminate external fault.
thanks.
"External fault" is usually because of control wiring sending a signal to a "control input" terminal, not the power input terminals, hopefully that makes sense.

kwired

Electron manager
"External fault" is usually because of control wiring sending a signal to a "control input" terminal, not the power input terminals, hopefully that makes sense.

To add to what I said, there is often a control input called "external fault" that you can wire into a control scheme to have a control give the drive an "external fault". You likely have something connected to this input and when it closes it is triggering the fault. You often can disable the input or even change the function of inputs in the setup parameters, and because of that maybe you need to make sure the parameters of all your inputs are set correctly.

Besoeker

dear professionals;
thanks.
Good advice from the others. Not likely that it is a VSD fault.

Was the VSD previously running and the fault developed?
Is it a new installation that has never run?
Do you have a drawing of the control wiring external to the VSD?
Can you follow it to determine what the VSD inputs are?

More questions than answers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.