Utilities PV system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouz.lim

Occupation
PV Engineer
Dear all,

Currently I have an assignment on Utilities Solar project and I have some questions that I cannot explain:

1) PV system are operating at 30 degrees Celsius environment temperature and 1400Voc. In case 20 degrees Celsius, Voc will be exceed 1600VDC. In that case, inverter will not operate, but Is there any broken of equipments and safety issue?

2) As operators information, almost Jack MC4 that have burnt are negative MC4. I tried to find out the reason of MC4 burnt, but I still don't understand why almost MC4 burnt are negative ones.

3) Is there any regulation/standards for installation from DC cable connector to terminal of combiner box?

4) DC cable are wrapped several times due to DC cable redundancy (10m redundancy or 10 circle wrapped). When operation, Is there any affect?

Many thanks

pv_n00b

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but these questions indicate you are not ready for this. While this might be a problem with a language barrier the question about Voc and temperature is something someone learns on even the most basic PV designs. Going into a utility-scale system with these questions is a red flag that you are trying to do something you are not ready for.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Dear all,

Currently I have an assignment on Utilities Solar project and I have some questions that I cannot explain:

2) As operators information, almost Jack MC4 that have burnt are negative MC4. I tried to find out the reason of MC4 burnt, but I still don't understand why almost MC4 burnt are negative ones.

Many thanks
Have the MC4 connectors been either connected or disconnected under load as part of operation or maintenance? Either the negative connectors are the ones being treated this way or the direction of the current produces differing severity arc damage based on the connector geometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.