Underground pull box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
So I was called out to pull some wires for a gate. I opened a underground pull box and found the pull box also had pvc running through it. Does not seem right to me to have that in there. Tried looking very quickly and could not find a code reference right away.
He installed a pull box over a pull box so I going to just get some 90s and go up to the next pull box and cover the water pipe so it’s not in my new pull box. If you could give me some feedback, it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 9A343BD4-94B3-4A97-8013-FECD04BD0153.jpeg
    9A343BD4-94B3-4A97-8013-FECD04BD0153.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 28

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
He also informed me that he will be having fiber running through the box for the gate. It looks like 770.47(a) but that is for “conductive fiber cable” I have never ran fiber and I am not running this just wondering if I need a barrier in the junction box

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
If non conductive, fiber can run with power conductors, so no divider needed. For the fiber, ask the owner to install several large loops, neatly tied, so you can pull the fiber out of the box and lay it off to the side when you are working.
Sounds like you are going to abandon the pull box with water pipe, by extending conduit to another box, that will be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.