Two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

andro_Peter

New User
Occupation
IT tech
Hello,

First of all, I'm not an electrician and don't expect to do the connection in the breaker panel. I just want to install everything and then call an electrician.

So I want to install two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat in the basement of an old house.

The following setup gives each baseboards 240V but they don't heat: baseboards are 1000W each

1) 240V runs from a 15A breaker to a Double-pole Tsat
2) Runs out to junction box
3) Out of junction box, one cable to electric baseboard 1 and one cable to electric baseboard 2

If I install them in a serial setup, everything is ok but they do not heat as full as they should do.

Thank you folks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

To better help us serve you, please be sure to update your account details with your occupation field and location if you have not done so already. You can access your account details by clicking on your account name at the top right of the page when on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.