Trying to run 2 ice cube relays with motion detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkPezzella

Occupation
Event Production
Can this be done? I have 8 lights that require more than a single motion detector can handle. I decided to use two 8 pin relays (ice cubes) and have the motion detector trip both relays. For some reason I can’t get it to work. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MarkPezzella

Occupation
Event Production
Electricians here don’t know how to do it. I’m running 8 large LED lights in my shop. I want to run 4 lights per relay and trigger the relays with a motion detector. I know a lot about electricity and relays but I’m stumped. I’m not an electrician. I have a smaller garage wired this way with only 1 relay. It works fine. Both relays are 8 pin. Not sure the best way to explain but I can draw it out and show you guys a picture tomorrow. First question I have is do the 2 relays have to be on the same leg?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking report at the lower left hand corner of the post

Status
Not open for further replies.