Tridium Niagara N4 Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLSolutions

Looking to expand into the sales and engineering side of the BMS world. Currently we do installs and repairs for BMS companies, JCI, Trane, Honeywell, etc. so I have the hardware and field stuff down pretty well. I’ve been told the first step is getting the N4 certificate. I found plenty of certificate courses but my question is - are there any good online resources to get my feet wet before I take the class? My experience with the software is pretty much using an established system and looking over the shoulder of programming technicians.
——-thanks!

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
Looking to expand into the sales and engineering side of the BMS world. Currently we do installs and repairs for BMS companies, JCI, Trane, Honeywell, etc. so I have the hardware and field stuff down pretty well. I’ve been told the first step is getting the N4 certificate. I found plenty of certificate courses but my question is - are there any good online resources to get my feet wet before I take the class? My experience with the software is pretty much using an established system and looking over the shoulder of programming technicians.
——-thanks!

https://www.tridium.com/en/products-services/niagara4https://www.tridium.com/en/products-services/niagara4

From what I gather you are mostly engaged in installs and repairs—which tells me you are in the hardware aspect of the BMS (Building Management Systems) which is good for you.

BMS or BAS (Building Automation System) is a computer based control system that monitors the building mechanical and electrical equipment that may include ventilation lighting, power and fire protection etc.

Because of the increasing need for higher efficiency equipment—building automation systems also can integrate load-shedding in their programming scheme.

When you say you supervise (looking over the shoulder) programming—you are not (or your subordinates) do the writing of the automation program do you?

If you do or you intend to do so—you would need some basic programming and knowledge of HTML codes to integrate in the intended application.

Tridium is one of the pioneers of this high demand nascent business. They have engineer-programmers that custom design for a specific building (they can also design systems for substations).

Perhaps your local community college offer some courses in Networking that will give you some pointers or lessons about the OSI model regarding Open System Interconnection. The HTML part will allow you to have the basic understanding on how different platforms (languages) understand each other especially applications used by different hardware manufacture.

Niagara 4 is an app that you can download from the Tridium website. I am a certified network engineer.

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.