Trajic event

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre

Yesterday in New York City, an electrician who had been missing for two days :( , was found in a drop ceiling, dead from electrocution :eek: .I do not know the particulars, but this is a very dangerous business for many reasons and safety should be our number one thought of the day as we go to work.

Pierre

[ December 20, 2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: pierre ]

iwire

Staff member
Re: Trajic event

From the New York Post.

December 20, 2003 -- The body of an electrician at a Queens Macy's store lay above a ceiling in the store lobby for two days - while thousands of holiday shoppers passed underneath - before it was discovered, authorities said yesterday.

George Poldrugovaz, 60, from Copiague, L.I., had worked as an electrician for the department store for nearly 20 years.

He was alone working on a wiring problem in the space above the foyer ceiling at the Macy's in Douglaston Monday morning when he was apparently electrocuted, police said.
Full Story From The New York Post Online

vasparky

BE CAREFUL-

I am a helper in VA I was hooking up temporary power at the meter base for a panel change when the homeowner walked by and grabbed my arm thinking he was funny fortunatly noone was hurt but it shows how stupid some people are!

sparkmantoo

there is a time for work and a time for play. work is not for play no matter how innocent. to many people are injured or killed because someone was goofing off and not paying attention. i take my work very seriously as i imagine everyone else does. safety is never expensive...it's priceless.

vasparky

Yes I informed him that such actions were hazerdous to his heath! I am working on a service change in Norfolk Va where a panel was located UNDERNEATH a house on 4 foot stilts in a flood zone How did this happen?

Thank you

jimwalker

Simple, when it was installed it was 7 feet.The sand from beach has filled up under the house till you only have 4 feet left.LOL . ;)
We were given permission to install just the meter below flood level on a house in flood zone.Not saying that was right to do but it did happen in Naples several years back.How they got by with 4 feet in flood zone is beyond me unless this happened like 60 years ago.

[ January 16, 2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

Status
Not open for further replies.