Training courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Howdy, been debating on learning more about PV, found a thread with this link to a study course https://www.solarenergy.org/courses...c-design-and-installation-grid-direct-online/

Is this a very good course to take if anyone knows.

Also before I dive down this rabbit hole. In my coastal area we have no solar installers for a large area seems a good thing to get into. For you Professionals , do you think this is good option for the Oregon coast. I worry with are cloudy rainy weather, I should be pursing something else. I never see solar panels in this area except on a couple rich hippies houses. Just an ignorant question, that keeps me from jumping on board.
Thanks

pv_n00b

"rich hippies houses", now that is funny.
I would give you the same recommendation I would to anyone thinking of starting a local business. If no one else is already doing it then look very closely to determine why. Don't assume you accidentally stumbled onto a hidden gold mine, you almost never have. Most likely you will find out that the reason no one else is doing it is that there is not enough money in it to make a business. It's much better to open a business where one already exists and do it better than the other person.
Solar Energy International has very good courses from what I hear. I've never taken one myself but only hear good reviews from those that have.

Status
Not open for further replies.