Tools stolen from occupied building

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Thats a huge bummer man, theft is on the up around here for us lately, even pre-pandemic 2019.

How about when the building is open and your working?
One of our guys was working pulling some new wire to a elevator room thats on a first floor with its own exterior door.
He left his tool bag as a prop to keep the door open.
He herd the door shut as he was working pullin wire, from what I understand the pull was almost finished so he finished the pull.
He is in shape and actually caught up to whom he thought it was in a van full of trash down the street, but never found the tools.
Just on lookers about to dial 911 if he did anything to the guy.
From what I understand it was quite the scene.

Jerry Rod

Occupation
electrician apprentice 3rd year
Is there camera look if you recognize someone beat them just playing call authorities tools are expensive people don't realize we work hard to buy them.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
There have always been a few thieves around who stole when convenient. I guess the number of crack & meth addicts today have a lot to do with the extremes we see now. They are desperate & driven.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
We seem to have the most truck breakins in California for some reason, Southern California they like to steal the whole truck. Northeast lags quite a ways behind them. We do have breakins in the south, but not as high of numbers. Florida leading the way there.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
There have always been a few thieves around who stole when convenient. I guess the number of crack & meth addicts today have a lot to do with the extremes we see now. They are desperate & driven.
This was in the grass at a Walmart. Probably why they wanted the pole lights over this area working again!
2CEBF59B-6F8E-4500-BC01-6FFD3048BF4E.jpeg FD7FDD4C-D304-48C5-A32E-7D92EF0C8F08.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.