Toe kick LED lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Have a customer who would like LED ribbon lighting in the kitchen and bath vanity areas.

I am not familiar with using much of this. Would assume it takes a switched receptacle located inside the base cabinet.
I looked at a few products online but didn't see much in the way of description or specs for the driver. Most likely 120v to 12V DC. Any tips appreciated.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Should be simple enough.except for working in a 4" tall space.

I'd be curious if the cabinets are custom or prefab. Either way, I can see you spending a day on site as cabinets are being installed, to make sure l.v. wires get put in the right places. Might even have to install the lighting (or at least wires) into each toe kick before installing cabinets.

Is the toe kick integral to the cabinet, or does it install after all the cabinets? Prefab cabinets usually get toe kick installed after all cabs are set.

I wired a custom kitchen earlier this year, the toe kicks were pedestals. All the pedestals were installed first, then boxes were set on top of the pedestals. Something like that would be a snap - Open pedestals could double as wire chases.

Without knowing the type of cabinets, everything will be vague possibilities.

***edit
After re-reading, are these cabinets already existing?

Status
Not open for further replies.