Tingling sensation in Hot tub water

Gene B

1. Measure the voltage.
2. Turn off the main house breaker and measure again.

If the voltage is low and doesn't change, it's probably primary neutral voltage (which to some extent is normal).

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
That's what I asked one my HVAC friends when he mentioned getting tingling sensation in the shower. I asked him if his wife was also in the shower whenever this happened.
It has been noted that women and children seem to be more sensitive to the small voltage variants that are mentioned as a "tingle" than men, so it is advised to not dismiss a report of such nature. As mentioned proper EP bonding can eliminate or at least mitigate a small variant, but any report should be taken serious and checked out thoroughly.

kwired

Electron manager
It has been noted that women and children seem to be more sensitive to the small voltage variants that are mentioned as a "tingle" than men, so it is advised to not dismiss a report of such nature. As mentioned proper EP bonding can eliminate or at least mitigate a small variant, but any report should be taken serious and checked out thoroughly.
I did not dismiss it. It was someone I knew pretty well, we happened to meet someplace besides his home and it came up in discussion as something he wanted me to take a look at when possible. But in meantime had a little fun in the conversation.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
In a rent house we lived in many years ago there was a frosted aluminum framed window over the tub in the shower. We very quickly learned not to touch the window frame while we were showering and standing ankle deep in water. It was more than just a tingle; I measured 120V with a DVM between the frame and the water spigot. I checked the arcing capability with a length of wire and I got a small spark - nothing like a direct line to ground short would have produced.